McDonogh #35 High School
The 228,000 sq. ft. McDonogh #35 High School was rebuilt with funding provided by FEMA after Hurricane Katrina. Moses Engineers provided all mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) services for this $55 million new school that includes HVAC, plumbing, fire protection, BacNET compatible control system linked to the Central Facility Automated System, lighting, daylighting controls, fire alarm, power, emergency power and special systems data/telephone, audio/visual, intercom, clocks and scheduling.
This new school included the following amenities
- general academic communities for each grade,
- a performing arts complex, Visual Arts Sector, vocational studies, ROTC, special education and physical education for about 1,000 students.
- a full kitchen anchoring a dining facility complex with support areas for food service staff.
- a health facility to complement student health programs.
- a gymnasium complex with two basketball courts, one for practice and PE classes, and the other with a grandstand seating 2,500 persons .
The project is certified as LEED Silver.