Four Seasons Hotel and Managed Residences
The internationally known hospitality brand Four Seasons, through the development team of Carpenter & Co. and Woodward, chose Moses Engineers to complete work on its 33 story, 500,000 sq. ft five star hotel and private residences, located in the revitalized former World Trade Center, next to the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, overlooking the Mississippi River and French Quarter.
Moses Engineers installed the following mechanical engineering features:
- HVAC with Bi-Polar Ionization, Heat Refrigerant Recovery as well as specialized attention to airborne viruses requiring MERV 13 Filters in all return air systems
- Hot & Cold Domestic Water Systems with multi-stage hi-rise pumping systems
- Central Plant with Heating Hot and Chilled Water Systems
- Domestic Water Distribution
- Sanitary Waste using Sovent single pipe for both vent and waste
Moses Engineers included these electrical engineering features:
- Power throughout the residences
- Lighting design
- Fire alarm
- Lighting Control System Integration
Major design elements included:
- A new central plant with three 600 ton chillers
- Three 600-ton cooling towers with side stream cleaning in the condensing water system
- Three 750 KW natural gas generators in parallel with load shedding capabilities serving as backup power source for life safety, optional stand-by and legally required systems.
- Backup UPS serving the central IT room serving receptacles throughout all floors.
- Power Separation for Life Safety and Optional Stand-by systems.
Four Seasons Hotel New Orleans features 341 rooms, ballrooms, meeting rooms, retail shops, 92 unique condominiums including penthouses, NOLA Interactive Experience (museum, observatory, gift shop, café), two restaurants, five bars, pool, Cabanas Utilities & Lighting Designs, a sales office simulating views from every condo window, and a parking garage.