East St. John High School
East St. John High School sustained major damages from flooding during Hurricane Issac. Moses Engineers initially provided the damage assessment report for this facility and then provided the mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) design services for restoring the main classroom, the gymnasium/cafeteria, the Industrial Arts, the East Classroom and the Field House buildings.
While the assessment found that the work would require $20 million, due to budgetary limitations, we trimmed the final renovation costs to $10 million without seriously compromising utility or function. Major improvements included:
- demolition of the unsightly and noisy cooling towers located in the patio areas between buildings.
- a new Building Automation System with improved functionality .
- new LED lighting and new plumbing fixtures with a five year maintenance contract in addition to the extended warranty contracts.
- new HVAC systems throughout most of the campus
- new VRF systems with separate OA units installed to ensure compliance with ASHRAE Indoor Air Quality requirements.
We completed construction on time and within the estimated budget.